Hotlink protection prevents other websites from directly linking to certain files (typically images) on your website. You will want to prevent this if you have copyrighted images, or to simply save on bandwidth usage.
1. Click the HotLink Protection icon under Security.
2. Click on the Enable button.
3. Make sure your own sites are listed in the allow access box. This will allow you to hotlink to your own images.
4. Enter all the file types you want protected.
6. If you want someone to be able to manually enter the URL of a protected file, check the Allow direct requests box.
7. Click on the Submit button.